[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing = UHMW cutting boards...

Robin Midgett robin.midgett at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Apr 15 15:49:40 EDT 2003

The natural color (white) UHMW will last ~2years in the sun here in the
southeast before the UV breaks it down into a crumbling mess.
Nylatron, on the other hand, is a similar plastic but impregnated with
graphite and an UV blocker, making it an excellent choice for outdoor
bushing applications. It is available from most plastics dealers; use the
yellow pages. That is what I use in the bushings for the SideWinder.
www.idctechnology.com