[TowerTalk] Concrete suggestions

BobK8IA at aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 16:21:38 EDT 2003

In a message dated 4/16/2003 11:41:34 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
rhackler at mindspring.com writes:

> The problem is that there is no easy way to get to the hole.  My front yard
> is very steep, so bringing a full size truck to the back is not an option.
> I haven't checked, but I imagine that pumping is prohibitively expensive.
> don't relish the idea of carting 200 bags of sacrete to the back and mixing
> it.

Hi Roger;

Lets put things in the proper perspective. A concrete pumper will save you
gobs of time and trouble and the money invested will only be a fraction of
the project costs. I used one here a month ago. Cost me $500 to pump about 15
(fifteen!) cu yds of concrete. Money well spent in my estimation! I never
gave it a second thought once I realized that the only other way to the hole
was manually, and from 200' away.

73,Bob K8IA
far eastern Mesa, Arizona USA
near the Superstition Mtns