[TowerTalk] Fw: Guy insulators

David Knepper cra at floodcity.net
Mon Apr 21 08:20:22 EDT 2003

From: David Knepper

Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2003 9:13 PM
Subject: Guy insulators

I am in the process of doing an antenna project.  The tower consists of  10 sticks of Rohn 55G.

The anchors are about 60 feet from the base.  Two sets of guys at the 90 foot level and 45 foot level.

I wonder if anyone can tell me how far apart should I place a johnny ball insulator.  There will be a tri-band beam on top.

Someone told me that I need not break up the guys at the second or 45 foot level, just the top guys.

Thank you.

David Knepper - W3ST
Secretary to the Collins Radio Association (CRA)
Publisher of the Collins Journal
www.collinsra.com
CRA station call - W3CRA