[TowerTalk] Bulkhead Rotor Connection?

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Apr 22 11:09:57 EDT 2003

At 09:20 AM 4/22/03 -0400, David Jones wrote:
>Trying to pass rotor cable through a bulkhead and would like the best idea
>for providing a quick disconnect at that point (jack/plug surface mount
>combination)?
>Same combination would work for a switchbox/cable on the tower, etc.

DIN connectors are also a possibility in a non-exposed environment.  To my
surprise, they are rated for up to 4A at 100 volts, and can be had in up to
8 pins.  I just bought a couple of sets to use with TopTen relay boxes as I
rework my antenna switching, because the current requirements of those
units are really modest.  I hope they work out well, because the small hole
needed is easy to make in my bulkhead without special tools.

Most of my rotator connectors currently use Jones plugs (now made by Beau
Vernitron, I believe).  I had some problems with surplus Jones plugs and
jacks not making good enough contact till I treated the terminals with Caig
DeOxit.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 11 April 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm