[TowerTalk] Cleaning mildew off tower concrete

Floyd Sense sentek at sprintmail.com
Tue Apr 29 18:58:51 EDT 2003

Semantics.  Bleach will not kill the problem, but it for sure kills the
mildew that's on the surface at that moment.  A quick search with "bleach
mildew kill" in Google reveals scores of sources (many university or ag
department papers) explaining that.  While the bleach will not remove the
mildew residue, pressure washing or use of an appropriate detergent will.
For mildew on concrete, as per the original question, a bleach treatment
followed by a water rinse will do the job.  Obviously, if the conditions
encouraging the growth of the mildew are not changed, it will grow back in
the future.