[TowerTalk] FYI if ur looking for ground rods

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 01:46:56 EDT 2003

I have been using nr 3 rebar stuffed inside 1/2 copper tubing instead of
copper clad ground rods for years.  You can beat the hell out of them when you
pound them in and the rebar doesn't allow much crush.  I sharpen the ends of them
with a grinder blade for my circular saw for easier burial.  The cost for a
ten foot section of tubing and bar...around $5.
If you want to jet the tubing into the ground you can omit the rebar and the
cost will run around $3.50.  In any case it is pure copper going into the
hole..no chance of it corroding off...and it's CHEAP!
Bill K4XS