[TowerTalk] Re: How to file comments

Tom Frenaye frenaye at direcway.com
Fri Aug 8 12:24:38 EDT 2003

At 11:01 PM 8/7/2003 +0000, K5UJ wrote:
>I filed a comment during the original period, and am more than willing to file a reply comment.  The problem for me which I brought up on the RFI list, is that I need pro-BPL comments to reply to.  I need for someone to show me how to find these on the ECFS website search page.  If someone could supply me and others with a list of entities who filed pro-BPL comments we could search the ECFS page using their names, and collect comments to reply to.  As of now, unless I missed something, it seems everyone has to go through the comments one by one to find these and there are hundreds of them.  That's probably what's causing the low reply rate.  That, and a lack of understanding of the process and exposure to the latest streaming video.
>it would be great if ARRL could get 3 or 4 of the major industry comments and put them up for everyone to see and reply to.  I imagine FCC is pretty strict on the various periods in the process.  Right now, they are accepting comments on previously filed comments.  If you file a general "I'm against this" document without saying specifically whose comment you are replying to it will probably get disregarded since the time for general comments to the NOI is past.  Please understand I'm not trying to frustrate everyone's good intentions--I'm just trying to get on the right page with this.   What I would like to do is find the industry comments which state that their field trials did not result in any reported RFI (which I understand is what at least some of them have said), and file a response refuting that and using the ARRL's latest video as evidence.

Ed Hare, W1RFI,  has posted an "unofficial" list of comments that makes it easier to find the ones from the major players.

        <http://www.arrl.org/~ehare/rfi/plc/hyperlinks.html>http://www.arrl.org/~ehare/rfi/plc/hyperlinks.html

                    -- Tom

=====
e-mail: k1ki at arrl.org   ARRL New England Division Director  http://www.arrl.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444