[TowerTalk] C-4XL tubing wall thicknesses

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Aug 10 13:31:08 EDT 2003

At 10:42 AM 8/10/03 -0400, Chuck Counselman wrote:
>At 12:32 AM -0400 8/10/03, VE6JY Don Moman wrote:
>>elements made from the .065 wall aluminum don't seem to exhibit this
>>tendency.  A little thicker than the normal .058....
>
>What are the wall thicknesses of the tubing in the elements of a Force 12
>C-4XL, for
>
>* the standard, 80-mph, model;
>* the "D," 100-mph, model;
>* the "H," 120-mph, model; and/or
>* the "HH," 140-mph, model ?

Perhaps an F-12 person will comment, but I believe they all use the
standard wall, which permits telescoping in 1/8 inch increments;  I believe
they beef up by doubling and tripling the critical sections.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4.
123 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm