[TowerTalk] Re: [FCG] Relays in RF usage

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Aug 13 09:00:10 EDT 2003

At 02:25 PM 8/12/03 -0700, Jim Lux wrote:
>Hopefully, too, the mfr has actually tested the particular relay at RF
>rather than blindly scaling from 60 Hz databook values.  If you're making
>a thousand radios, it's worth it to do so.

It's in this connection that I recall a post by W2VJN some years ago
recounting tests of the relays used in their TopTen relay boxes.  Despite
the fact that these 10A-rated relays are very small, and only cost about $2
each in small quantities, George told of successfully testing them
repeatedly at full legal power.  Sort of undermines the big is best theory.

For details, check http://lists.contesting.com/_towertalk/2000-May/030900.html

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4.
123 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm