[TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune: Antenna Stirs Static Among Neigh bors

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Wed Aug 13 12:29:55 EDT 2003

The only solution is to land yourself a membership on that same planning
board, and use your gray matter to influence others.  I see a lot of
planning boards, zoning boards, etc. are comprised entirely of unpaid
volunteers, who are worth a bit less than what they're paid.  I attended a
zoning board hearing in the County of Ventura (CA) several years ago, in
support of an OT who simply wanted to re-build his house exactly the way it
had been built before it burned down due to lightning, and the board members
were pretty much dumber than dirt -- about half seemed to be bored
housewives who never had any sort of career, so volunteered for county
service.  Ugh.  -WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill