[TowerTalk] Safe Hazer Install help..

Thomas Viselli k2uop at raven-villages.net
Thu Aug 14 00:21:17 EDT 2003

David,
Before I put up my Hazer with a GM tower, I was also asking a lot of questions.  I have a  GM 40 footer, and only have one set of guys at the top, and it works fine.  I was also asking about a second set of guys on another tower, and someone told me what they were using for the second set  of guys and they claimed it worked great.  I'll try to explain it.  They made a frame to loosely fit around the tower.  This frame had provisions to attach a second set of guys.  They attached three 20 foot cables (one at each corner of the Hazer) to the bottom of the Hazer.  The lower end of the cables connected to the fabricated frame.  HOpe you can picture this.  When the Hazer was elevated all the way, the fabricated frame would be located 20 feet below the Hazer, and it's guys could be connected to the guy anchors. When the Hazer was lowered, the frame would just slide down the tower.  This way you would have a set of guys at the 50 ft level and a set at the 30 ft level when the Hazer was cranked all the way up.  Sounded good to me.
Good luck with your project.
73, Tom  K2UOP in WV