[TowerTalk] Rotator control refurb

David Cook davec at netdave.com
Sat Aug 16 09:25:02 EDT 2003

I probably should have qualified this posting by stating that I'm a complete
idiot. One might think, "Why would anybody push both the CCW and CW rotation
switches at the same time?". Well, a normal person would never do that. But
I'm a complete idiot and will sooner or later do it just because I am. So
this is really about idiot-proofing the rotator control box for my own
protection. And it's not that I'm an idiot intentionally. I just do stupid
things, and the last thing I want is to have to climb up the tower and
replace my rotator because I fumble-fingered the control box switches and
fried the motor or sheared off the brake wedge.

Anyway, the Rotor-EZ is ordered, with the RS-323 option, and I'll let my
computer deal with the details. And yes, it makes perfect sense that
CDE/Hy-Gain would manufacture the simplest controller to keep the costs
down, bacause 99.999% of all of their customers are not idiots, such as I
am. :-) The Rotor-EZ is exactly what I was hoping I'd find. Thank you Dale,
and thanks to the others who recommended this to me.

-- Dave, WA0TTN