[TowerTalk] Towers on Rock Ledge

Geoff geoffrey at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Aug 19 14:29:11 EDT 2003

I dug down to the ledge and then had 2" diameter holes drilled down 8' at
the guy angle.
Installed power company rock anchors, locked in place and filled the rest of
the hole with "Pour Rock" to seal.
That was 11 years ago and no problems whatsoever with a total of 4 towers.

The anchors are 3/4" diameter with heavy galvanizing; easy to attach Rohn 3
and 5 level equalizing plates.