[TowerTalk] 50' on 12" slab

Red RedHaines at centurytel.net
Wed Aug 20 20:30:16 EDT 2003

Hello, Mike;

The other responses I see are correct; the balcony must be capable of
safely supporting the weight of the tower and equipment plus any other
load that may be on it.  The concrete structure must be capable of
resisting all bending moments, including the wind loading on the tower
and equipment. Concrete doesn't resist much bending unless it is
properly reinforced with material capable of resisting tension.   A
failure of an architectural feature such as a balcony  may be
catastrophic.  Get a professional analysis, signed by someone licensed
to analyze and approve your proposal, to limit your personal liability.

73 de WOØW