[TowerTalk] Universal Base

Frank Mayer domino at worldlynx.net
Fri Aug 22 09:09:28 EDT 2003

I just purchased a Universal 4-50 and a B-18 base.  Does anyone know how far those base rods are to be put into the concrete?   There is a washer welded to the rods near the top.  The other question I have is that the rods are hollow and will fill with water.  I guess I could plug them with a wooden dowel.  I think I should keep them completely encased in the concrete and not let them drain into a stone bed below the concrete or some such idea.   Any thoughts or experiences with these bases?
Frank WY3D