[TowerTalk] Tower or ... caution flag?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 22 11:38:09 EDT 2003

At 11:34 AM 8/22/2003 -0400, David J. Windisch wrote:

>So.   Should I throw caution to the winds and money to the PE fella, the twp
>board of zoning appeals (twp treasurer, really), the county building permit
>section, the backhoe fella, the concrete fella, and after all that, finally
>put the ethereal adornments up, or should I wait and see what falls out of
>the BPL situation before taking decisions?
>
>TIA for reading, and any forthcoming comments.

After reading the comments from ARINC and NTIA, I think BPL will get beaten
down a lot.  From a political standpoint, we're just a bunch of hobby radio
folks and don't represent serious dollars, nothwithstanding the useful
contribution we make in times of disaster,etc.  ARINC, on the other hand,
raises "operational safety of aircraft" issues and NTIA raises "national
security", both of which are real, not speculative, and continuously in
use, unlike disaster preparedness, which only gets attention when disaster
actually strikes.  Furthermore, both of those commenters represent many
billions of dollars worth of business and budget.