[TowerTalk] BBC report on bird kills at towers

Darrel J. Van Buer darrel at vanbuer.net
Fri Aug 22 14:13:13 EDT 2003

Remember, we're not talking ham towers, we're talking about those
thousand-foot guyed and lighted monsters.
It still sounds like a lot, but it would be scattered over a few acres
of guy field.  At night, it would be nearly invisible and to a "bird
brain" there couldn't be anything that tall.  The big hazard is
alarmists applying occasional big tower events to everything taller than
a tree.
--
WOØW wrote
10,000 at one site in a single night?  That number discredits the

--
Darrel J. Van Buer, AK6I
darrel at vanbuer.net