[TowerTalk] Telephone pole tower

Ken Anderson longrange10 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 16:28:17 EDT 2003

I was wondering about the feasibility of having a 25 to 30 foot telephone pole installed to use as a tower.  Probably with a pulley at first to hoist various dipoles then later install a small yagi and rotor.  I have several trees that approach 20 feet, but the tops are not very sturdy to hoist antennas.  There are many powerline poles in the area and farm lights mounted on poles.  I was thinking a pole might be a lower profile way to get started then installing a traditional tower given the number of poles already present.  Has anyone used poles for antenna support in place of a tower?  Thanks, Ken, N0VZ