[TowerTalk] bird strikes

Michael J.Castellano km1r at cshore.com
Sat Aug 23 08:42:08 EDT 2003

After spending 30 years in the tower construction / site mgmt. business, I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a dead bird under a tower.  NEVER a one!.  I am wondering if this "phenonomenon" is very recent, or ??   Wouldn't a pile of 10,000 birds be a HUGE smelly mess that would get prime time on CNN.?

My biggest problem with birds is that they would use the towers for roosts, without paying site rental! hi hi... and "redecorate" the trucks on the ground.

I just have a bad feeling that this bird strike thing (though it does exist),  is obscenely exaggerated.

Just my proverbial 2 cents.

73, and stay safe!

Mike KM1R
in subtropical Southern CT