[TowerTalk] Tower Identification?

John Smolenski j.smo at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 28 11:45:26 EDT 2003

To the Tower Talk Reflector,

I was recommended to send this mail to you all for
help. Photos are included in email.

Please excuse the intrusion by email, but I need your
Technical advice.
Enclosed are some photos of a tower that found.
I have a total of 48 feet (assembled) of self supporting structure.
Metal is Steel, with pipe diameter of 1-1/4" similar to
Rohn 25.  Steel is galvanized and sections are tapered.
Biggest sections are 20" on face with the horizontal
braces welded to the pipes.  Braces have an indentation
on the face and the edges are folded in toward the
center of triangle. Braces are 1-3/4".

Sections taper from 20" face to 16" face and then 2 upper
sections that taper from the 16" down to 12" face.
All sections are 10 feet in length.
20" face sections weigh 50 pounds, 16" section is 45 pounds
and the 12" section weighs 35 pounds.
There 2- 20", 1- 16", and 2- 12" one being a top section
for rotator and mast. Very similar to the Rohn tops.
Total estimated weight is 215 pounds give or take.
There are no usual Z or W braces with this type, and
would very much like to know where to find some specs.
I will need to show city inspectors if I install this.
Any help steering me in the right direction would be
of great help.
I was told this may be a Spaulding/Rohn, before Rohn
purchased Spaulding, but Rohn says they do not
recognize the style either.
Thanks for you time and efforts,    please see photos.
Sincerely,
73
John Smolenski   NØYR