[TowerTalk] Making rotator loops separate

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Aug 31 11:40:23 EDT 2003

What is the consensus on whether it's a good idea to make the rotator loop
to a yagi separate from the rest of the feedline (with barrel connector and
2 PL-259s).  An unnecessary connection prone to weather, or a good hedge
against failure of the rotator loop due to flexing?  Two of mine have been
up for 8 and 6 years respectively, but I'm replacing all my coax on the
tower following a lightning hit, and if there is a better way I'd like to
know it.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 30.
129 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm