[TowerTalk] LM354 manual winch update

Jim Spears n1nk at cox.net
Sun Aug 31 13:47:00 EDT 2003

went on a search for fulton winches a couple of weeks ago after my old TowTek conked out.  here is a brief summary:

appropriate fulton winch for this tower is either the K-1550 which came standard or the K-2550 which handles a heavier load (not necessary) and also has a better mechanical advantage.

these winches are available from Northern Tool, Grainger, et al

a winch with a standard handle will not clear the tilt fixture which sits outside the tower structure.

Karl Tashjian offers both winches with handles altered to clear the tilt fixture.  the custom handle is not needed for the tilt fixture.

thanks to all for the tips and leads.  I installed the new K-2550 this morning.  the extra mechanical advantage is nice.

Jim
N1NK