[TowerTalk] Rotor replacement

Phil - KB9CRY kb9cry at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 05:24:41 EST 2003

I'd like to just reiterate that it doesn't matter how many thrust
bearings one has on the mast, those centering screws are not meant to
hold any of the vertical loads of the mast/antenna assembly.  They are
only meant to center the mast in the bearing and other external means
must be applied to transfer the load from the mast to the bearing.  Many
may have been lucky using the screws to hold the load but it's your
fingers.  For me, I purchase stainless steel pipe clamps from McMaster
Carr and attach these to the mast and let this ride on top of the
bearing.  Don't use regular muffler clamps as these will rust into an
unsightly mess.  Phil  KB9CRY