[TowerTalk] RE: Erecting tower

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 20:44:58 EST 2003

Assuming you got some relatively smaller tower:

I have a small quantity of screw in anchors I bought at a flea
market.... they work well as temporary guy point out about ten feet - I
put a turnbuckle on them and adjust 'til the tower is plumb... be sure
to check this just before, during and after the pour... the force of the
concrete going in the hole is a major one - do not think some twine
steadying the tower is gonna offset the force of the concrete hitting
the tower as it goes in the hole - especially if it is coming off a
shoot from a redi mix truck!

I use guy grips on the legs and the ground side of the shorty guy - DO
NOT fully install them so that they can easily be removed once the
concrete has set I leave a couple of turns not done....

GL,

It is getting cold for pouring concrete most everywhere but places like
I am blessed to live in...

73,

Jim, K4OJ
Tampa, FL