[TowerTalk] UST Raising Fixtures

Larry Moore w6od at softcom.net
Fri Dec 5 16:21:16 EST 2003

Does anyone have information on the limits/designed use levels of UST
raising fixtures??   I would prefer getting this info from UST but its
proven to be  impossible.
I would specifically like input on the TX-455 and its fixture

They are designed to raise the tower weight----that I know/assume.
Everyone installs rotors,cables and masts before they raise the tower.
This adds  40 to 100+ pounds [particularly with 22 ft HD masts] right
out near the end. I have not heard of failures doing this.
.
Is it within the fixtures capabilities to also safely raise a mounted
antenna??  If so how heavy----30,40 or 70 lbs???   What is the general
practice levels that has proven ok??  I would appreciate any input on
specific experience.    larry w6od