[TowerTalk] electric fence qrn

W0UN -- John Brosnahan shr at swtexas.net
Tue Dec 9 16:44:19 EST 2003

Hi, Tim--

All-state Duzall soldering flux for SS, copper, etc.   Not sure what the
ingredients are--figure hydrochloric acid or some such.   But it does
a great job.  Take stranded copper wire that has been exposed in the
weather for YEARS and has turned black.  Dip it into the flux and
instantly it is shinning copper and ready to suck up lots of good
solder.   Same for stainless steel.

Try this link to find some.   My 16 oz bottle has lasted about 15 years.
It only takes a drop.

http://www.esabna.com/ESAB/showdetl.cfm?&DID=8&Product_ID=568&CATID=11

Not sure where the best place to buy it from might be--I HAVE seen
it in welding supply stores and that is where I bought mine in the 1980s.

73--John   W0UN