[TowerTalk] Tram w/Truck

Mark Beckwith mark at concertart.com
Fri Dec 19 15:30:00 EST 2003

> I have forwarded this to the list, it has some
> serious safety concerns.

Yes, that would be why I said earlier this afternoon:

"(Personally I might use a...truck to pull the lift rope, but I don't
want to get into a debate about the relative safeness or unsafeness of this
method. I know some readers will blast me for even bringing it up, and tell
us how great the potential for danger is, and all that.  It's a choice we
all get to make ourselves.  Yes, it can be dangerous and disastrous.)"

I think it is possible to use a truck to pull a rope in a safe fashion.

I notice several others have alluded to using their trucks to pull up their
antennas this afternoon, as well.

I KNOW IT IS DANGEROUS, but I can't speak for anyone else.  Thanks for your
comment, Blake.

Mark, N5OT