[TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower Stranded Lifting Cable (Opinion Please)

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Sun Dec 21 10:22:26 EST 2003

Tom, stainless cable will obviously be more corrosion resistant and is a
good choice for that reason alone.  On the other hand, I always that
thought galvanized aircraft cable, available at most hardware stores,
was suitable for crank-up tower applications.  It just won't last as
long as stainless, but usually 10 years and longer.

73, Joe