[TowerTalk] Re: JEFA Tech Cable - Direct from the company

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 21 21:06:52 EST 2003

Outstanding.. and they even responding over the weekend.. I am impressed..

I would caution on a few issues, not that they're relevant to Jefetech.
ISO9001 doesn't mean that a product is of good quality, just that it's
consistent. ISO 9001 means that an organization:
a) has procedures for what they do
b) follows those procedures
c) has documentation (artifacts is the "term of art") to show that they did
"b" in accordance with "a"

What ISO 9001 means, in practice, is that if you test a piece of coax today,
that the piece of coax you buy tomorrow (or next month, or next year) is
probably made the same way (assuming that their procedures require
consistency...)  ISO9001 means absolutely nothing if you don't look at the
processes...The process could be simply: "Make Coaxial Cable" or it could be
quite complete, "Procure raw materials to specification XYZ, set machine to
setting ABCD, etc."

Presumably, also, Jefetech would be happy to supply a certificate of
compliance with their coax. In practice, I doubt anyone has ever used such a
thing to go hammer on a manufacturer after the fact, but, the mere fact that
they've got that piece of paper means that they've made the recognition
that, in fact, they DO have to stand behind the specs.

Again, I'm impressed...