[BULK] - [TowerTalk] Re: JEFA Tech Cable - Direct from the co mpany

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Mon Dec 22 07:55:24 EST 2003

As an aside, I've used Remee Products coaxial cables for many years and have
had no more nor no less trouble with them than anything from Belden, Times,
et al.  Remee either acquired or merged with (I think acquired)
International Electronics Wire & Cable Co. in the Chicago area a few years
back, and prior to that, I used many miles of IEWC low-loss coaxial cable,
also.  IEWC came out with stranded conductor, very flexible low-loss .405"
diameter coax having a Type II jacket long before anyone else did, or before
anyone else cared to offer it to the amateur market.  That was IEWC type
9096-2A, which was available to me in 1989 -- years before Belden or Times
had anything like it.  As for "reverse engineering," there is so little to
engineer, that I'm sure nobody cares.  The materials available for use as
dielectrics and jackets, and the conductors available for use are so limited
(a small handful) for these applications that everyone in the world is using
exactly the same stuff.  The differentiators are manufacturing processes and
quality control.  You can't reverse engineer those.  -WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill