[TowerTalk] INSURANCE

Robert Shohet kq2m at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 22 18:54:51 EST 2003

Hi Guys,

WITH ANY FORM OF INSURANCE, NOTHING SHOULD BE ASSUMED - EVER!!!!

Policies vary by company, by state, by rider and by elected coverage.

My State Farm HO policy DID cover my antennas AND the labor (up to a point)
to fix them - at REPLACEMENT VALUE, because I was paying the higher premiums
for replacement value coverage.
In my case, one of the State Farm senior adjusters who came out to my
property, interviewed me and took about 50 photographs of my station,
antennas and towers, was in fact a ham!  He understood what was involved in
the rebuilding and the cost - there was never a problem in approving the
rather sizable claim and the work involved.  I am sure that if he wasn't a
ham, it would not have been as smooth, but the claim still would have been
paid.

There is no question in my mind that they are THE BEST company to work with
if you have the "right" policy and coverages.  You should expect to pay
higher premiums accordingly!

Good coverage is NOT cheap but turns out to be the LOWEST cost and the BEST
VALUE when you need a large claim paid and paid promptly.

Even though policies can and often do vary by state, you must speak with a
HIGHLY COMPETENT underwriter who understands the coverage you want and need
and then can guide you accordingly and will tell you what is and is not
covered BEFORE you have a claim.

73
Bob KQ2M