[TowerTalk] INSURANCE

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Mon Dec 22 19:05:02 EST 2003

I absolutely agree with Steve:  Full replacement insurance is the only
way to fly.  The extra cost is nominal.  I can't seem to find the
specific cost on my current policy, but I believe it was about $62
annually when I lived in NJ.  I recently suffered a major crash of my
tower and quad during a sudden wind storm here.  They covered the cost
of removal of the old tower and antenna and the purchase and
installation of replacements including labor, minus $1,000 deductible.
I don't believe the ARRL insurance comes anywhere close to that kind of
coverage.

73, Joe