[TowerTalk] Re: Hardware Question

Dennis Ashworth K7FL at ARRL.NET
Mon Dec 29 19:43:40 EST 2003

Hi Tom,

I've never had much luck with soldering guns for PL259's. Others might, but
for me there's simply not enough tip mass to keep temperatures where they
should be.

After 25 years + of struggling, I finally found the perfect iron for my
(in)abilities. It's a Weller SP175, 175W iron with a 5/8" inch diameter
tip. It makes soldering the shield-to-PL259 connection a breeze.
Cost is about $50. I had dozens of Google hits when I searched for "Weller
SP175".

GL

Dennis, K7FL
Battle Ground, WA