[TowerTalk] Remote Antenna Switches

on4kj on4kj at skynet.be
Sat Feb 1 21:36:12 EST 2003

One should take care of the environment where the relays are used ..........
I had the experience years ago with unsealed tricle charged battery in the
same room. It took me a long time before I found  out what was going on.
Even the heads of a serie of 8 inch floppy drivers had to be cleaned -up on
a very regular base. One day I throwed the batteries out of the room , and
would you believe all th"e problems where gone for years.
So take care there may be other polutions then battery acid. I would'nt be
surprised with a kitchen near the Amp. you will get dirty relay contacts
unless they are really sealed or vacuum types. But remember there is always
a MTBF..

My two cents worth advice.

Jos on4kj