[TowerTalk] Tashjian Towers...

Dino Darling k6rix at arrl.net
Mon Feb 3 23:52:44 EST 2003

They are the same antennas as Tri-Ex.  He used to work for them.  Model
numbers are the same too.

I know the last owners of Tri-Ex were touting the 60,000 PSI (?) legs or
something like that.  I don't know if Tashjian is doing that or not.  I
personally would lean towards US Tower, but would have NO problems looking
at a Tashjian.

I remember standing outside the Queen Mary one year talking to a person who
was, at the time, working for Tri-Ex and talking about the better "W"
bracing that nobody else could use.  There was also talk that Tri-Ex had
union welders (or certified welders...please don't take this as
gospel)...while the competition down the street (US Tower) didn't.  This
was over 10 years ago if I remember right.  A few years later, I found out
that this person I was talking to now works for US Tower (I have no idea
who that was anymore), that US Tower has all certified welders, but still
couldn't use the "W" bracing which is supposed to be superior.

I tell this story only to say that if you decided to go with Tashjian, I'm
sure you would get a great tower!  Again, I lean towards US Tower because
they have been there the whole time and will continue to support the
Amateur community...even if they can't use the "W" bracing...  :-)  (or can
they?)