[TowerTalk] Yaesu 800 rotator

Michael Treister bonemd at ameritech.net
Fri Feb 7 18:52:58 EST 2003

I am curious to know if anyone has experienced mechanical gear failures in the Yaesu 800 rotators under low load circumstances?

I put up a new Yaesu 800 and within weeks the gear mechanism had failed.

I thought their might be a manufacturing defect or some other inherent problem.

Yaesu has refused to honor the warranty claiming it must have been wind damage.

And I wonder if other have experienced the same thing. I.E. - could there have been a bad batch of 800 Rotators? Any ideas?

Doc W9NY

Michael R. Treister, M.D., F.A.A.O.S., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S.
Orthopaedic and Hand Surgeon
bonemd at ameritech.net
OFFICE PHONE:   312-633-5866
OFFICE FAX:   312-633-5867