[TowerTalk] beverage question

RICHARD BOYD ke3q at msn.com
Mon Feb 10 19:01:01 EST 2003

I'm thinking of having several beverages start at the same feedpoint, probably with separate feedlines but perhaps with a remote switch.  Which of those isn't relevant to this question, I don't think but I didn't want you to think I had one coax connected to several beverages at once.  But, having them start at the same point, probably with the same ground rod, then fanning out in their separate directions.is there any reason not to do it this way?  Any degradation of performance by doing it this way, etc.?  They will be at least 30 degrees different in orientation, one from another.

Related:  When beverages cross, I've heard that several feet of separation should be sufficient to avoid interaction.  Any comments on this?  Any minimum crossing angle to avoid interaction or anything like that?

Tnx.  -- Rich, KE3Q