location of magnetic north pole Re: [TowerTalk] compass question

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 10 16:57:32 EST 2003

I misstated the approximate location of the Magnetic North pole as
70N,100W.  As everyone knows, it does move, and one can probably identify
the age of the reference by the latitude they cite.
In 2002, the north magnetic pole was at 81.6N, 111.6W.
It's moving roughly north at about 40 km/year, and has been moving a lot
faster since 1970.