[TowerTalk] Digging the hole

Joe - KC2TN KC2TN at comcast.net
Thu Feb 20 13:13:25 EST 2003

Boy does this bring back memories!

My 6x6x6 hole for my self supporting tower started off real
easy. I live in the Pine Barrens of NJ, lotsa SAND.

So I decided to dig it myself. I got down 1 foot real easy,
Then I hit a hard layer....Well I figured I'd get the pick out
and went down another foot where it got soft again,
so I kept at it till I hit another hard layer after another
foot. By this time I was cursing myself for not getting some
power equipment. But since I was over halfway there, I finished
the job by hand over the course of a week.

Do yourself a favor and hire someone or get the right equipment.
I was lucky it didn't rain that week.

Joe - KC2TN

"If you're sure of everything,
	and it still doesn't work,
         one of the things you're sure of is wrong!"