[TowerTalk] switching

Scott Millick smillick at wamusa.com
Sun Feb 23 21:49:43 EST 2003

I know this is a little off the subject but this group has a lot of answers.

I have two operating positions  one for my DX station on the first floor of
the house and my AM and tube rigs in the basement. I have a alpha delta AB
switch that I can put to either operating position and two AMertron antenna
switchers that by throwing the ground rom above or below I can select
whatever antenna I want at that time

I have the Yaesu GS800DXA rotor and am buying another head and want to be
able to control the antenna from either place  Yaesu says it will work as
when the antenna control is switched the head will go where the rotor is at
as far as the indicator  I hope they are right

No the question  I need a 6 wire switching unit  I could do it with old
octogon tube sockets or trailer sockets and just change over when I do the
other switches which would work.  Is there a better way or something made
that would switch the wires remembering that there is some amperage with
the rotor motor.

Just looking for another better way and sometimes there is one
\
Thanks K9SM