[TowerTalk] Paul Bunyan Whip

Jepilot at aol.com Jepilot at aol.com
Mon Feb 24 18:03:05 EST 2003

Carl, K3BZ, sent me three articles on the subject tubular, tilt over tower
made with  three 20 foot sections of pipe (starting with 4 inch OD) for a
total height of 60 feet.  The original article was published in QST about 40
years ago.

Has anyone constructed this type of tower using aluminum?  I am concerned
that using aluminum might result in too much flex but it would certainly be
easier to construct and erect on site.  I do not intend to install a yagi,
only a pulley to haul wire antennas up and down so the windloading should be
minimal.

Jan Rehler, W5KNZ, Corpus Christi, Texas