[TowerTalk] RE: Screw in achors--soil types

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Wed Feb 26 18:03:52 EST 2003

Rudy Wrote:
 "I used 5' anchors with 6" augers (maybe they are 8"--can't remember) that
they use for power pole guys on my tower.  My tower is 100' of 25G with 3
guys of 1/4" EHS. "

Do you know how much more load the 1/4" adds over using what the manufacture
recommends (3/16" EHS) ?

If you did the calculation you would be surprised. My guess is at least
800-1000 Lbs more load on the tower.

What was the reason for using 1/4" ?

Just wondering...

73