[Towertalk] Rohn rotator plate for 25G

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:45:32 -0500

THIS IS ALL OLD STUFF COVERED ON TT BEFORE

....another option mentioned on tower talk that has been used in the
past at my stations was to mount that plate upside down at the top of
the next to the last (top) section of tower.

This is very easy to do when you are stacking sections...

By mounting it with the ears up, the flat plate will actually rest
against the horizontals.  As I remember  there still was something thing
had to be "cut in" but the beauty of this location was that the weight
of the rotor/mast/antenna was NOT just support by the u-bolts in the
corners.

 There are "short top sections" available on  the market as well, by
using a middle thrust bearing as well you get the "ideal" mast location
(in my opinion) - coupled with mounting the top guy sets  down from the
top of the tower near the rotor you create a tower which has a good
place to work on the antennas....even better if you have a flt top plate
which allow you to use the mast for stacking easily - you can stand on
the top plate.

With my size 13's I was never a fan of 25G but 45G and 55G with the
above sheme work gud.

Sure is cool here, cannot wait for the nice weather we get in April when
we go mobile in the Florida QSO Party - by the way that's the 26th and
27th this year.

73,

Jim, K4OJ