More on - Re: [Towertalk] Rohn rotator plate for 25G

Jon Ogden na9d@speakeasy.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:14:54 -0600

on 1/14/03 10:14 AM, Joe Reisert at W1JR@arrl.net wrote:

> Jon,
>
> I disagree. The plate I use is mounted near the TOP of my Rohn 25 top
> section, the section with the flat top.
>
> I do agree that it would be nice to mount it at the bottom....where it wont
> fit... without having to cut the Z braces!

I just looked at the Rohn catalog sheet.

The 25AG4 top section is 8' 3/16" long.  The spot for the rotor is 1' 4"
3/4"(or 16 3/4") from the top.  That's plenty of room to mount the rotor
plate and rotor.  You don't want a lot of mast going down the tower.  All of
the Rohn top sections have a space with no Z truss in order to mount the
rotor and rotor plate.

Keep in mind that a rotor like a Ham IV won't even fit inside the section
with the Z-truss there anyhow.  It's too wide.

Jon

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA