[Towertalk] Cushcraft R8 Power Handling Problem

Fred_W._Hurd@HUD.GOV Fred_W._Hurd@HUD.GOV
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:02:58 -0500

Hi Everyone - I just finished installing a Cushcraft R8 Vertical on top=
 of
a forty foot tower. The vertical tunes up fine and works fine on all ba=
nds
( low SWR and good impedance matching) for a short period, then starts =
show intermittent mismatching - the SWR jumps high then returns to norm=
al.
This happens on any band, so I have rulled out a problem with one of th=
traps. I have checked everything, including swapping out the vertical's=

matching unit and feedline coax, but the problem persists. This is
happening with just low power input (less than 50 watts) after power ha=
been applied for about ten minutes. I haven't tried applying any
significant power for fear of burning something up.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with the R8, and found a
solution????

FRITZ (W4PKU)=

multipart/alternative
  text/html