[Towertalk] 80M vertical bandwidth question

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:19:37 -0600

Why only 2 (slightly elevated) radials?

I have 10 radials at 15 ft on my Reverse Fed Elevated GP
which seems to play quite well.

I also have a wire vertical in the woods using a half-Bow Tie radiator
for better bandwidth.  It is tuned for CW.

I get a 'double dip' in SWR by feeding with 1/4 WL of RG58 (50 ohm)
followed by several hundred feet of half inch CATV Hardline.  SWR
is roughly 1.3 at 3.5 MHz and 1.5+ at 3.8 (and higher in between).

Tom  N4KG