[Towertalk] Greenlee punch question

Mark Beckwith mark@concertart.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:27:13 -0600

> > Any ideas on a good or the best way to get the "chad" out of the
> > Greenlee punch after punching a hole?
> >
> > I'm making a single point ground incoming coax bulkhead out of a sheet
> > of copper.

Gosh, I just did this at N5OT.  I backed the bolt all the way out, recovered
the punch, then set my vise so the jaws were farther apart than the diameter
of the punch but not as far out that the die would drop through.  Then I set
the die on top of the vise jaws and stuck something in there (probably an
appropriately sized drift sitting around) and all it took were a few very
delicate taps to get a floor full of chad.  I did 28 holes.

Mark, N5OT