[TowerTalk] Source for aluminum tubing?

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Sat Jan 25 19:59:09 EST 2003

When we (Texas Towers) decided to stock aluminum tubing back in 1992 I did a
lot of searching for tubing sources. I found that nearly all of the amateur
antenna manufacturers were using 6063-T832 tubing. The reason was because the
yield strength of 6063-T832 is the same (approx 38,000 psi) as 6061-T6 and
the cost is much lower. Additionally, the 6063-T832 material has a bright
finish that looks much better than typical 6061-T6 material. No added cleanup
is required in manufacturing antennas which saves labor costs.

We buy tubing directly from the mills in large lots which keeps the price
low. By bypassing the usual distribution chain for aluminum tubing we can
sell for lower prices than typical for 6061-T6 material.

We have sizes from .375" through 2.125" diameter in .125" telescoping steps.
Pricing is available at <A HREF="www.texastowers.com">www.texastowers.com</A> and all sizes are in stock right
now except 1.0" which is due in early March.

Thanks/73 de Gerald Williamson, K5GW/General Manager/Texas Towers