[TowerTalk] 6m ant

Gregg Seidl k9kl at gbonline.com
Sun Jan 26 01:46:46 EST 2003

Please forgive me if this isn't the right place for 6m antenna questions.I
wonder if any else has had trouble with a 6m-2.5wl.I have had the boom break
on me twice.I was thinking about using a truss type to keep the long boom
from whipping.I would think a 2 or 3 foot long pipe 5 or 6 feet above the
boom parralel with the elements would not only support the boom but keep it
from whipping.Also is there a web site to improve the mechanical part of a
Cushcraft 40-2CD.I have trouble with the elements turning on the boom.I see
the new Cushcraft antennas are all pinned as to not turn around the boom.Is
anyone on this list using a X-7 and the 40 meter beam from Cushcraft?I was
thinking of possibly installing those instead of my A3 and 40 meter
rotatable dipole.Any help???   Gregg  K9KL