[TowerTalk] Prosistel Rotors

Jon Ogden na9d at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 28 19:30:27 EST 2003

on 1/28/03 5:20 AM, Peter Chamalian at W1RM at attbi.com wrote:

> Does anyone have first-hand experience with these rotors?  Any thoughts
> on it vs. GS2800?  Thanks

I have a friend who just put up a Prosistel rotor.  It's one of the smallest
they make (second smallest one).  It is a BEAUTIFUL rotor.  There is ZERO
and I mean ZERO play in it.  While I can wiggle my Hy-Gain rotors, I cannot
do that with his.

I have heard nothing but bad things about Yaesu rotors.  I know of one guy
up north of me who had tried every rotor on his large antenna arrays and
everyone but the Prosistel would eventually break.  According to what I have
heard the Yaesu rotors are way overrated.  Cut their specs in half for what
they are really made for.

You can't go wrong with the Prosistel.  It is simply one of the best rotors
you can spend your money on.

73,

Jon
NA9D